A Partner for Today and Tomorrow
Starch Europe Publishes the Policy Priorities 2019-2024 of the European starch industry.
Firmly wishing to cement the European starch industry as a partner for the new European Parliament and Commission, and with an overall positive outlook for the times ahead, Starch Europe wishes to highlight a number of issues on which it hopes to work together with these institutions.
Starch Europe’s policy priorities for the new European Commission and Parliament include:
- Delivering a CAP which assures security of raw material supply & fair competition
- Promoting and protect the EU Single Market
- Ensuring that Research and Innovation support remains an EU priority
- Providing clarity on new breeding techniques urgently
- Promoting and implement the EU’s updated bioeconomy strategy
- Implementing the EU plant protein plan
- Levelling the international playing field
- Ensuring a smooth transition to an ambitious trading relationship with the UK
- Acknowledging higher regulatory compliance costs
- Basing EU and member state health/nutrition policy on robust science
To read the full Starch Europe Policy Priorities 2019-2024 document, click the image below.
October 15, 2019