Starch Europe, the trade association representing EU starch producers is recruiting:
EU economic affairs officer (maternity cover)
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on EU economic affairs developments impacting the EU starch industry. The focus will be on trade and agricultural policy issues, and links with policies falling under the Green Deal and the Farm to Fork initiative.
- Supporting the management of working group of the association, notably an expert group dedicated to the potato starch sector, with a specific interest in sustainable production.
- Contributing to the coordination of actions across the network of EU national associations and member companies.
- Drafting of political and technical support material (position papers, statements, briefings).
- Maintaining regular contacts with the membership in order to collect input, achieve consensus on proposed papers, and propose action points.
- Maintaining/building contacts with key stakeholders (EU institutions, other industry associations) and representing Starch Europe in meetings with other stakeholders, notably industry associations of which we are a member, on trade and agricultural policy issues.
- Supporting the Starch Europe Director General and Deputy Director General in chairing and coordinating meetings on economic affairs issues with both Starch Europe members and external stakeholders.
- Managing the Safety Programme of Starch Europe.
- Contributing to internal and external communication tools.
- Other tasks depending on experience/qualifications; Starch Europe is a small team covering a multitude of issues.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field (EU affairs, agriculture and/or trade policy).
- Experience in EU trade and/or agriculture policy, preferably within a trade association or EU institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to prioritise multiple and varied tasks in a small team.
Provisional timing: 15 March till end September 2021
Both full and part-time employment can be considered.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 February 2021.